Nosler bullets (factory seconds) on-line

*llBY said: Factory seconds bullets. I bought some in August using e-bay and found out that nothing wrong with the "seconds". No marks no scratches nothing. My good luck? Now after e-bay has stopped selling bullets I found out that guy opened online shop. http://w ww.reloadingseconds.com/ I bought more. The same quality. It's better (cheap) to buy 2x4 pounds then 1x8.

c*linjw said: Thanks for the website: Unless there is a major difference though I prefer to support a Canadian dealer. Preferably a sponsor of CGN. Maybe one of these sponsors can get some of these and sell them in Canada.

444sh*oter said: Didn't think it was legal to order bullets from the states?

*llBY said: US sellers now send bullets out of US. The only rule is a "rule of a hundred bucks". Up to 100 US$ seller doesn’t need an export permit. I ordered Dec 6th and I've got it today. To colinjw: I'd like to support Canadian dealler, but when local price is up to 75% higher I'd prefer to feed children of American seller and MY OWN children. Regards.

P*ulT said: They now send bullets out of US. The only rule is a "rule of a hundred bucks". Up to 100 US$ seller doesn’t need an export permit. I ordered Dec 6th and I've got it today. To colinjw: I'd like to support Canadian dealler, but when local price is up to 75% higher I'd prefer to feed children of American seller and MY OWN children. Regards. Do they just started to ship outside US? I contacted them a couple of month ago and nope, not shipping to Canada. I can see now that they do on their website, thanks, for the info

R*public of Alberta said: Just ordered some Partitions. BTW some of these are just left over cannelured bullets from factory ammo, should be just as good as regular ones.

J*rlath said: I dunno. $32 US for 100 .224 60gr Noslers??? LeBaron has them for $25.63/100 in the catalogue. That's $6 per 100 difference. So you could buy 300 rounds from Reloading Seconds for $96 + $11 S&H and wait how long to clear the border? Or buy 300 (non second) rounds from LeBaron & a membership for the just over $100 (save 7%) and about $11 shipping from Mississauga to almost anywhere in S-W Ontario in 3 days. (No export limits means no limits on the order size from Canada to Canada) Where is the savings?

2b*d4u2 said: In the past, Nosler would not sell "seconds" to Canada. I looked into it when I was importing them and they refused to sell them to me. Unless their policies have changed, they won't be sold by retailers here.

*ndy said: Update from their website: " International Shipping Notice: We are in the process of updating our export licensing for shipping outside the US. Therefore, we will not be able to ship any international orders for 4 to 8 weeks. We look forward to serving the international reloading community and we are very sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to browse our site and see what we have to offer. If you do place an order, please be aware that shipping will be delayed until we have completed our licensing requirements."

br*nco_mudder said: So what makes them seconds? Accubonds, that don't have the core bonded to the jacket? Things like that would be my biggest concern.

*lmerFudd said: OK, I don't know "hunting" bullets that well but is there not a Hornady or Winchester bullet that is similar? Higginson Powders in Ontario does seem to have reasonable prices on these. Just looking now and there is nothing over $19/box for .224 calibre. Just a thought, Fudd

J*rlath said: LeBaron sells them in boxes of 50 NOT 100 so your math is way off. Your 300 60 grain Partitions would cost $154.00 from Lebaron or a full 61% MORE than ordering from Reloading Seconds. If you want to piss 60 bucks away fly at it. I too have bought off this guy when he was selling on eBay and his shipments have always arrived in less than 10 days. Now. Please take a look at this page link directly from the lebaron's online catalogue. http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_fall_07/hunting/nosler.pdf .22 Caliber – .224” Diameter CODE WEIGHT STYLE QTY 39510 60 Gr. Ballistic Tip 100 $25.63 39522 50 Gr. Ballistic Tip 100 $25.63 39526 55 Gr. Ballistic Tip 100 $25.63 Specifically says QTY 100, not 50 as you say. So my math is sound. Mind you I only plink with my .223 and have buy from gun shows and auctions so not like I pay anything over $0.15 a bullet tip anyways.

R*ger No.1 said: Jarlath, Partitions are usually packaged in boxes of 50 and Ballistic Tips in boxes of 100 so 'Boos math is correct. I have purchased Nosler seconds before and could not find any difference visually, on the scale, or on the range between the "seconds" and the "firsts" However, I only used them as a cheap practice alternative and used the firsts for my hunting loads as I didn't want to take a chance on field performance.

J*rlath said: Jarlath, Partitions are usually packaged in boxes of 50 and Ballistic Tips in boxes of 100 so 'Boos math is correct. I have purchased Nosler seconds before and could not find any difference visually, on the scale, or on the range between the "seconds" and the "firsts" However, I only used them as a cheap practice alternative and used the firsts for my hunting loads as I didn't want to take a chance on field performance. I missed that the 60gr .224 offered on Reloading Seconds are partitions, I only noticed Ballistic tip and the two weights. I would buy them and pretty much every other caliber and style from Reloading Seconds. (If only I needed more tips, which I don't).

R*public of Alberta said: Update from their website: " International Shipping Notice: We are in the process of updating our export licensing for shipping outside the US. Therefore, we will not be able to ship any international orders for 4 to 8 weeks. We look forward to serving the international reloading community and we are very sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to browse our site and see what we have to offer. If you do place an order, please be aware that shipping will be delayed until we have completed our licensing requirements." DOHH!! If I do get my order I will have saved $96

*lmerFudd said: No, the only .22 calibre bullets that perform in the same manner as the 60 grain Partition are the Barnes "X" bullets and the Scirocco. Fair enough. Like I said I don't know hunting bullets! Yet! :p While many guys use these bullets on deer with good results... Little OT but don't most provinces require a larger calibre (diameter) than .22 for deer? ...not like I pay anything over $0.15 a bullet tip anyways. (If only I needed more tips, which I don't). Bullet tip? Is that the plastic piece on the end of the bullet? :p Bullet tip... that's funny! Most of us call them bullets, projectiles or even boolits. :eek: When ready to fire fully assembled they are cartridges or rounds. Bullet + brass case + primer + powder = 1 cartridge. :D Jarlath, if you are reloading only for "plinking" I would recommend getting your bullets from Higginsons. Get some Hornady 55 gr. FMJ for $8/100. Much cheaper than hunting bullets. I like them anyways. Fudd

444sh*oter said: Just ordered some, and they have been shipped according to the email I received today. Got some 300gr .375 Partitions, 180gr .308 Accubond and 150gr .277 Partitions. Great savings!

J*rlath said: Bullet tip? Is that the plastic piece on the end of the bullet? :p Bullet tip... that's funny! Most of us call them bullets, projectiles or even boolits. :eek: When ready to fire fully assembled they are cartridges or rounds. Bullet + brass case + primer + powder = 1 cartridge. :D Jarlath, if you are reloading only for "plinking" I would recommend getting your bullets from Higginsons. Get some Hornady 55 gr. FMJ for $8/100. Much cheaper than hunting bullets. I like them anyways. I deal with alot of Non-firearm people who cannot get their heads around the concept that a bullet is ONLY the projectile and not the entire cartridge. I call it a tip alot because of it. Yeah. I regularly buy 55gr FMJ for $8/100 or less (Auctions can get down to $4/100). Since I don't currently varmit shoot more an issue of time than desire, I don't see a need to get anything other than FMJ (Why people like to see gphers explode when a FMJ kills them just as dead I do not know).

h*rseman2 said: I used a friend's FMJ in a 22-250 and they ripped marmots apart like nothing I had seen before. Some were too hot for my liking but I never heard a hog complain . . .

*llBY said: Nothing wrong with the bullets I got. I ordered 7mm and the price was better comparing to Canadian seller. http://talks.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/000981/981541.jpg

J*rlath said: Do my eyes decieve me or are the polymer tips different colouring on 1 of the three 7mm 150gr SP's?

P*ulT said: Do my eyes decieve me or are the polymer tips different colouring on 1 of the three 7mm 150gr SP's? Probably were made for winchester (ballisticSilvertip) and class seconds before the final coating. I ordered some .277 solid base from them, all ok, will do again, they have very good price :D.

D*gleg said: I just ordered a bunch in .22, .25, 7mm and .308 just to see if they will send them. I went well over $100. Something has recently changed with the US rules, Sinclair has notified us that they will ship bullets and brass up to $500, and they have always been real sticklers.

d*rty santa said: Does anybody know if AMMOMart is still in business? If so, let me Know captain@autobahn.mb.ca

R*Pete said: Does anybody know if AMMOMart is still in business? If so, let me Know captain@autobahn.mb.ca Now call Higginson's.

D*gleg said: They are around, under the name of Higginson Powder. Same old Andrew, different name.

R*Pete said: They are around, under the name of Higginson Powder. Same old Andrew, different name. They changed the name from Ammomart when Tom died and his nephew, Andrew, took over. After that they moved from 223 Front Street.

444sh*oter said: Got my bullets the other day. Look great to me. http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n255/444shooter/Gun%20Stuff/Reloading013.jpg

tkv000 said: So If I wanted to order 5 bags of each 338 cal and 375 cal would it be cheaper to buy them seperate then? (the 5 338 then order the 5 bags of 375 after) or what is a good savings point? ie would it be better to order 10 bags (500) instead?

F*ssteel said: The deal with ordering from Sinclair is this. you can only order 900 round of brass or bullets in one order, so you could get 300 brass and 600 bullets. There pricing on Barnes triple shock is very good, and their pricing on Sierra match king is good. Their Win and Rem brass pricing is great as well. FS

gl*ng1 said: Received my order today via Canada Post. I had placed the order on Dec. 17. Here's what it cost me for those that want to compare prices (US$). 100 - 150gr .270 Partitions = $35.90 $0.36 per bullet 200 - 130gr .270 Ballistic Tip = $51.80 $0.26 per bullet shipping = $21.85 Total = $115.32(C$) Kanadian Taxes collected by Canada Post: GST = $5.28 PST = $7.06 Handling fee = $5 Total = $17.35 So my actual cost for 300 bullets was $132.67(C$). http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/glang1/Noslerseconds334.jpg

444sh*oter said: Keep each order below $100. Just make multiple orders. I got 50 .375 300gr PT for half the price compared to up here. Well worth it.

tkv000 said: Keep each order below $100. Just make multiple orders. I got 50 .375 300gr PT for half the price compared to up here. Well worth it. And it was cheaper shipping? I want to get the most for the money, So if I do several smaller orders won`t I pay more in shipping in the end?

*llBY said: Taxes collected by Canada Post: GST = $5.28 PST = $7.06 Handling fee = $5 Total = $17.35 [/IMG] I ordered 2 (two) packages and each was below 100 USD and I DID NOT pay the taxes. Handling fee was ZERO dollars and ZIP cents. Both envelopes were delivered to my door and no one asked for taxes and handling fee. My luck?

R*public of Alberta said: Got mine today, saved 90 some bucks. I will order more.

tkv000 said: how many did you buy?

BCb*y said: has anyone ordered from them lately?

F*ssteel said: I placed an order just before Christmas, and Mike was just changing some different US gov't paper work and informed me that it may take up to 8 weeks to ship out my order. FS

r*berti11 said: I got my order a few weeks ago, they looked great. Today was my first day at the range. I loaded Nosler BalTip (green tip) Bt 165 gn. I used my 1954 Win Mod70 .308, sporter rifle, with Varget. Mvel 2680fps, I got groups of 0.8 inch at 100 yards. They may be factory seconds, but in this 'old girl' they are not second class. My only regret is that I did not get more, now I have to try out the 150, 180 gn and my .25 cal bullets. I am very happy with these!

DF*rmer said: I ordered some about 2 weeks ago and got an email yesterday saying that the order should be have clearance to ship in another week. Mike said he would email again then. Gord

S*perCub said: I recieved an order yesterday of some 60gr/22cal Partitions and 270cal BTs. Very good service and communication. I ordered more in the form of 25cal ABs. :) .

P*thfinder said: Just put in an order today, Im gonna try the 130 gr Solid Base in .270 among others . I know its the old style Nosler BT,wondering if anybody here dropped has dropped any game with a Solid Base lately ? Comments

J*hnC said: Just got 250 180 grain partitions in .30 cal. they look absolutely mint. have a cannelure which is good too.


Honrady Reloading Equipment

Honrady Dies and other honrady reloading components

HORNADY 308 Winchester; Series I; 2 Die Set; Full Length #546358
HORNADY 308 Winchester; Series I; 2 Die Set; Full Length #546358
   $34.18
See More like this...
Hornady Die Lock Rings - 2
Hornady Die Lock Rings - 2
   $3.00
See More like this...
Hornady .223 Reloading Die Set
Hornady .223 Reloading Die Set
   $22.00
See More like this...


Related information